LABI first opened its doors for the first term of classes on November 8, 1926 in the Annex of Templo Cristiano at El Paso and South Cibolo Streets in the city of San Antonio, Texas. The first commencement was held in May 1928. Since then, not once has LABI failed to graduate a group that has gone out to take their place in the Lord’s work.
As more students showed a desire to attend the school and the accommodations were limited, the school was moved to Saspamco, Texas, eighteen miles south of the city. As the Lord continued to bless, the school moved once again. In the fall of 1945, LABI opened its doors at the corner of Shultz and Padilla streets in El Paso, Texas. Thirty-six years later, the need arose again and the school was moved in the Summer of 1981 to the place of its present location in San Antonio, Texas.
Our students have made contributions in a very special way, laboring for the Master as pastors, evangelists, Bible school teachers and as efficient lay members in the local churches. Others have gone to the foreign fields. We praise God for Latin American Bible Institute.